I just finished my first week of medical school.
I started feeling anxious about anatomy so I decided to put away the books for the night and bake for my small group.
I found this recipe here.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (I used organic)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle Tollhouse)
In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and combine. Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. Fold in the heaping chocolate chips and combine. Scoop mounds of dough on a baking tray and refrigerate overnight (this is important!). Bake at 350*F for around 11 minutes. Do not overbake (cookies will firm as they cool).
Modifications: I want to try the same exact recipe but with butterscotch chips – which I haven’t had in years and years.