It was nutrition week in med school, which meant I had a lot of downtime to bake and feed my friends. (Somehow, nutrition lectures left me hungry all week long).
I bought a new springform pan so I decided to have a second go at cheesecake! I filtered through recipes and finally settled on this one. (I made a few changes to the recipe).
- 1 1/2 cups Nilla wafers + more Nilla wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 20 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream and Nilla wafers for garnish