I love bundt cakes (so pretty) so I set out to make another one! I had some problems with this one… I used the cake recipe but the glaze recipe did not work so I adapted a caramel glaze.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add sugar. Add the melted butter, yogurt, coffee & combine. Combine wet & dry ingredients. Pour the batter into a prepared bundt pan and bake for about 45 minutes at 350*F
For the glaze: melt the butter, brown sugar, cream & salt over medium heat in a saucepan. Bring to boil and stir constantly for one minute. Then, remove from heat. Wait for a couple minutes and then slowly whisk the powdered sugar until you have a thick but pourable consistency. (If mixture is took thick — add some cream to thin it out). Immediately pour glaze over cake.
Serve with coffee.
***Biggest problem with this cake is it dries out really fast so cover it well & refrigerate! It does not save well.
Andddddd I’m off to New York!!