I followed this recipe to make an extra chocolate-y bundt cake for Friendsgiving!
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 cup milk + 1 Tablespoon white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, pour the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Sift. Add the oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract & mix. Add the eggs one at a time. Then, slowly pour in the boiling water while mixing. Pour this batter into a prepared bundt pan and add the chocolate chips, mixing them throughout the batter. Bake at 350*F for about 35-40 minutes.
To make the ganache, heat the whipping cream on medium heat until steaming. Then mix in the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Be careful not to overmix/overheat!! Pour ganache over bundt cake evenly.
It wasn’t my favorite because I felt it was bit on the dry side, but it was definitely chocolate full. I want to try another chocolate bundt with sour cream or cream cheese to avoid the dryness!