I modified a recipe from my cherished Dessert for Two Cookbook (best birthday present ever!!) This recipe is completely customizable with your favorite chocolate & nuts!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate (I used white chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
This is a one bowl recipe! First, cream the butter & sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Sprinkle in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate & nuts of your choice. Pour batter in a prepared loaf pan and bake at 350*F for about 20 minutes.
Your array of choices:
Chocolate: white, milk, dark, butterscotch… mixed
Nuts: pecan, walnuts, macadamia nuts… mixed
I went with white chocolate & pecans… and a sprinkle of chocolate on the top because I have no self control.