DOUBLE CUPCAKE POST on its way. It was a really great (gloomy) day to stay in & bake & frost.
This recipe only uses one bowl for the brownies & one for the frosting so it’s very simple.
- 4 ounces 60% Ghiradelli chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter,
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Melt chocolate and sliced butter in a bowl, stirring well. Allow cool for a few minutes and then stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Mix in flour & salt. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for about 22 minutes at 325*F.
For the frosting, cream the sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add the vanilla. Stir in flour & salt. Stir in milk & beat until fluffy. Fold in the chocolate chips. Frost the cooled cupcakes generously.
This would be great for brownie/cookie dough lovers! Personally, I prefer my cookies baked…