To continue in the holiday spirit, I used more of the red food coloring to make these 🙂
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon liquid or gel red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cheesecake Swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar & vanilla extract together. Add the cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and white vinegar in that order. Then mix in the eggs. Finally, fold in the flour. For the filling: combine all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
Pour almost all batter into a prepared 8×8 pan. Add dollops of the filling on top and cover the rest with the remaining batter. Use a knife to create swirls. Bake at 350*F for about 28 minutes.
The brownies are more cake like with a cream filling and kind of tangy.